Stilo ST5 FN ABP 8860-2018 Carbon Fiber Helmet
Stilo ST5 FN ABP 8860-2018 Carbon Helmet
Size Note: We have found that Stilo customers who typically wear a size 59 helmet are most comfortable in size 60, which uses the large shell. Please order accordingly.
New FIA 8860-2018 Standard Tests:
- Standard impact: Helmet impact at 9.5m/s. Peak deceleration on driver’s head shall not exceed 275G.
- Low velocity impact: Helmet impact at 6m/s. Peak deceleration shall not exceed 200G with a maximum average of 180g.
- Low lateral impact: Helmet impact at 8.5m/s. Peak deceleration shall not exceed 275G.
- Advanced Ballistic Protection: A 225g metal projectile fired at 250km/h. The peak deceleration shall not exceed 275G.
- Crush: A 10kg weight falling 5.1 meters onto helmet. Lateral and longitudinal tests. The transmitted force should not exceed 10 kN.
- Shell penetration: A 4kg impactor dropped onto helmet at 7.7 m/s.
- Visor penetration: Air rifle fires 1.2g pellet at visor. Pellet must not penetrate the interior of the helmet.
- Visor coating: Transmitter test to ensure colouration and vision is not significantly changed or distorted.
- Retention system: Roll-off test and dynamic test to ensure strength of chin strap and its attachments.
- Chin guard linear impact: Impact test with full headform at 5.5m/s. The peak deceleration shall not exceed 275G.
- Chin guard crush: Hammer hits chin guard and measures ability to keep impact away from the head.
- FHR mechanical strength: Test to ensure high strength of attachment points for Frontal Head Restraints.
- Projection and surface friction: Test to ensure helmet surface uniformity and that friction is minimized. Shell surface also subjected to BARCOL hardness test for resistance to penetration.
- Flammability: Helmet exposed to 790o C/ 1454o F flame; it must self-extinguish once flame is removed.
The Stilo ST5 FN ABP 8860-2018 carbon helmet was designed for professional racers needing to satisfy the latest FIA 8860-2018 regulation. It’s also the helmet of choice for drivers who won’t compromise their safety, no matter where they’re racing. This certification provides an unparalleled level of puncture protection as well as impact resistance.
ABP is an acronym for Advanced Ballistic Protection. The ABP replaces the previous zylon panel required by FIA in the previous generation (FIA 8860-2010) helmets, integrating a stronger protection into the front of the helmet shell. A brand new test was specifically introduced to test this area, based on military ballistic specifications with a projectile shot at 250 km/h. The Stilo ST5 FN ABP is the first helmet to be certified to this new standard, offering a higher safety degree while maintaining dimensions and weight!
The ST5 FN ABP 8860-2018 is among the lightest carbon fiber racing helmets on the market. While it lacks the side ports of the Stilo Helmets ST5 GT 8860-2018 Carbon Helmet, it can still be outfitted with electronics, top forced air and a helmet eject system. Thanks to the innovative design incorporating mounting and routing for these options, integration is sleek and seamless with nothing protruding from the helmet, hanging down or otherwise getting in the way. When not in use, you don't even know they're there.
Looking for increased visibility? The Stilo ST5 FN ABP 8860-2018 has a taller and lower-placed eyeport, giving you better visibility while not compromising your safety. Every Stilo visor has a center pinch-clip to make opening and closing easy, even while wearing nomex racing gloves.
- FIA 8860-2018 Certified
- Includes Stilo HANS posts
- Significantly lighter than the previous Stilo helmets
- Sizing from Extra Small through 3XL
- Stilo ST5 shields are now interchangeable across all ST5 helmets
- Eight ventilation holes for use with Stilo Helmets Top Air systems
- Redesigned cheek pads are more contoured and comfortable than previous Stilo helmets
- Made from 100% medium tensile carbon
- Weight (+/-30 g):
- small shell 1.20 kg (2.6 lbs)
- large shell 1.32 kg (2.9 lbs)
For the absolute lightest FIA 8860-2018 ABP helmet on the market, see the Stilo Helmets ST5 FN ABP ZERO 8860-2018 Carbon Helmet.
An effective helmet is one that fits properly. Have an assistant use a measuring tape, or a piece of string to measure the circumference of your head starting at a point approximately one inch above the eyebrows in front, around a point in the back of the head that results in the largest possible measurement, and finally wrapping back to the front. It is a good idea to take several measurements to make sure you have the largest one.
This helmet will ship to you with signature required for delivery.