CMS PERFORMANCE BOLT-IN ROLL BAR PORSCHE 981 CAYMAN
FITS: 2013+ Porsche Cayman (Base, S, GTS, GT4)
Hands down the best roll bar for your 981!
The CMS Performance 981 Roll Bar is the strongest, safest, and most beautifully constructed roll bar on the market for your Cayman. In designing our roll bar, safety and structural rigidity were our primary goals. That's why we use thicker 1.75" x .120" Docol R8 Advanced High-Strength Steel tubing, vs. the thinner-wall 4130 tubing others use. So our materials meet/exceed PCA, SCCA, and NASA requirements (to meet Time Trial rule requirements, you must select the diagonal cross bar configuration).
Our harness bars are designed to place harness shoulder straps at the proper angle (0° to -20°) and distance to the driver, regardless of seat position. Yet our bar also requires no cutting of the carpet in your car -- replacing your carpet is incredibly expensive should you want to return the car to stock in the future. Our design provides an ideal mount for a Smarty Cam video camera. Our use of thicker Docol tubing throughout allows us to keep the driver's rear view unobstructed by rear diagonal braces, giving you unfettered access to the engine cover with the roll bar in place. Our competitors make you remove part of your roll bar to get at your engine.
The CMS roll bar's rear kickers bolt to the 981's rear shock towers, the safest, strongest possible mounting point. This adds tremendous rigidity to the chassis and suspension. The main roll hoop is mounted to the frame structure across the rear bulkhead for lighter weight and superior strength.
We offer over 6,000 powder-coat colors and finishes, including those custom-matched to Porsche's 981 color palette. Fully TIG welded by a master welder, using superior materials, and custom powder coated in-house by CMS Coatings. The design, strength, fit, and finish of the CMS roll bar all add up to this: you can spend more on a roll bar, but you only get the best from CMS.
- 1.75″ X .120" Docol R8 Advanced High-Strength Steel for superior strength, safety, and durability
- Fully TIG welded
- One-piece main hoop and one-piece rear kicker
- Easy engine access without removing any part of the roll bar
- No cutting of your central carpet
- Laser-cut mounting plates
- Designed, built, and finished by CMS in the US
- CNC machined high-strength-steel interlocking clamps to ease installation
- Allows full seat travel with any seat
- Easy to install and perfect fitment, guaranteed
- Comes with detailed installation instructions and all necessary hardware
We give you options:
- Diagonal cross brace to meet NASA Time Trial roll bar requirements (+$150)
- Pre-cut OEM Porsche interior trim for easier installation, preserving your original trim (+$299)