Simply put, it is hard to imagine a better racing helmet. Arai combined their proprietary, groundbreaking PBcLc (Peripherally Belted Complex Laminate) shell construction, the same shell shape as the F1 grid GP-6RC model, a wider eye port for optimized peripheral vision, new ventilation, and on and on, and you get the striking new Arai GP-6PED. The new shell gives you incredible strength and flexibility, and that strength allows Arai to use an extremely soft EPS liner that’s so comfortable it’ll make you think more about a nap than a race. Right until you strap in, that is. The cheek pads are replaceable for a more personal fit. Up top, the ventilation system is greatly improved with three larger, closeable intake vents, plus two larger exhaust cowls.
Snell SA2015 certified with the M6 washers/nuts installed at the factory. With the 6mm washer/nut installed, anyone can now easily install a variety of Head and Neck Restraint systems that use a 6mm bolt to their helmet. This helmet also comes with the FIA-8859-2015 certification sticker applied to the interior liner of the helmet.
GP-6PED M6 FEATURES
POSITIVE SHIELD LATCH
- Positive latch mechanism provides solid shield latching while allowing normal operation of the shield. Designed to be an integral component of the shield system, the simplicity of the function masks the complexity of the design.
NEW SHIELD PIVOT HARDWARE
- New shield pivot hardware with redesigned track slider that improves aerodynamics. New wider 6 series shield and eye port for increased peripheral field of view when compared to the previous 5 series. Shield, pivot hardware and wider eye port were developed on the RC and adapted to the GP-6PED.
- Wider eye port for increased peripheral field of view compared to the previous GP-5 series.
- Large, closable intake vents combined with large 10mm holes greatly increase air intake. Larger 10mm rear vent holes, with larger cowls, increases airflow even further.
M6 ANCHOR TYPE
- Integrated seats to accommodate a variety of Head and Neck Restraint devices. Pre-Installed M6 threaded washer/nut, with 6mm threads, to accept a variety of anchors systems for variety of Head and Neck Restraint devices and make installation much easier for people not familiar with such installations. Flat surface area around the mounting nut to allow the anchor post base to rest flush with the helmet surface around the entire perimeter of the anchor base. FIA-8859-2015 certification sticker applied to the interior liner material.
- Newly sculpted chin bar and ridge along lower edge of shell to improve structural integrity. Provides a stronger shell near the opening where it is needed, as well as lowers the center of gravity. Rise in shell above the shoulders for added clearance.
E-JECT READY CROWN PAD
- Pre-cut pocket under crown pad can be easily removed to accommodate optional E-Ject system.
An effective helmet is one that fits properly. Have an assistant use a measuring tape, or a piece of string to measure the circumference of your head starting at a point approximately one inch above the eyebrows in front, around a point in the back of the head that results in the largest possible measurement, and finally wrapping back to the front. It is a good idea to take several measurements to make sure you have the largest one.