THE FAVORITE OF STOCK CAR, SEDAN, AND RALLY DRIVERS: The GP-5W is favored by stock car, sedan, and rally drivers because of its wider, 90mm (approx. 3.5") eye port. With the larger eye port opening, the GP-5W uses its own exclusive shield.
Snell SA2015 certified with M6 washer/nuts installed at the factory so anyone can easily install their Head and Neck Restraint system anchor posts (sold separately). This helmet also comes with the FIA-8859-2015 certification sticker applied to the interior liner of the helmet.
The 5W is constructed of Arai's exclusive, very-lightweight ScLc shell technology (Super Complex Laminate Construction), so it maintains a low overall weight to offset the added weight of the larger shield.
- It has a smaller, more "natural" head shape and a lower center of gravity to balance and stabilize the helmet so it feels even lighter, helping to reduce fatigue.
- The interior fit is typical Arai, benefitting from over 50 years of research and refinement and resulting in a helmet that more closely matches the shape of the human head. The fit is snug, allowing for the smallest possible helmet to be worn while still being comfortable.
WIDER EYE PORT
- Larger 90mm eye port top to bottom provides a better vertical view desired by many sedan drivers. For drivers not needing a shield, a visor peak is available.
REMOVABLE/REPLACEABLE CHEEK PADS
- The cheek pads are removable and washable for easy cleaning. More importantly, they're replaceable with pads of varying thickness for a custom, personalized fit.
M6 ANCHOR TYPE
- Pre-Installed M6 threaded washer/nut with 6mm threads accept a variety of anchor systems for Head and Neck Restraints. Flat surface area around the mounting nut allows the anchor post to rest flush on the helmet surface. FIA-8859-2015 certified.
- The upper ventilation system incorporates two large intake ducts and two exhaust vents. This vent system allows for improved air flow even within the confines of a sedan or closed cockpit.
- Standard shields in Clear, Light Tint and Dark Smoke; Anti- Fog Shields in Clear, Light Tint and Dark Smoke; or Tear-Offs in Five-Packs (10 mil thick) and Ten-Packs (5 mil thick).
An effective helmet is one that fits properly. Have an assistant use a measuring tape, or a piece of string to measure the circumference of your head starting at a point approximately one inch above the eyebrows in front, around a point in the back of the head that results in the largest possible measurement, and finally wrapping back to the front. It is a good idea to take several measurements to make sure you have the largest one.