AiM SMARTYCAM HD REV. 2.1 VIDEO CAMERA
The aptly named AIM SmartyCam HD gets a refresh with the all new Rev. 2.1 model. With improvements to both the electronics, and case design, the original GPS-enabled SmartyCam HD motorsports specific camera is easier than ever to manage. Unlike a traditional action camera designed for everything from jumping out of airplanes to surfing killer waves, the SmartyCam HD is engineered by motorsports enthusiasts who spend their lives at the track.
The SmartyCam HD is available in two different lens formats. The Narrow (60°) HFOV lens is the more popular model, perfect for interior mounting in closed-roof cars. The frame fits perfectly within the vehicle's A-pillars when mounted behind the driver on the roll bar. The Wide (120°) HFOV lens is ideal for mounting outside the car as in open-roof Formula racers; it allows for a larger view of the track. The proprietary lens was developed exclusively for motorsports. Ever notice how generic action-cameras make nearby objects look far away, making it impossible to determine if a track is straight or curved? Our telecentric lens has six elements to reduce this distortion. Add a global-shutter CMOS sensor that reduces that sickening wave effect caused by track and engine vibrations and you get truly track-oriented video!
Just like the original AIM SmartyCam, the SmartyCam HD automatically overlays all your essential track data: speed, RPM, lap number, gear shifts, and much more. With a huge selection of overlay layouts, you can fully customize your track videos to watch over and over again. Capable of operating as a standalone unit (optional GPS antenna required), the SmartyCam is also fully optimized to work with your existing AIM Data system. Simply plug it in with the CAN cable and instantly access all your vehicle information.
And about that video quality - how's 1280x700 pixels at 30 fps sound? Such high quality usually comes at the price of memory card space. Not in the SmartyCam HD. Using H264 compression, a one-hour recording uses as little as 1.5GB (4GB with high-quality setting). The camera comes with a 4GB card, but with SD cards available in sizes as large as 128GB, you get up to 30 hours of high-quality recordings per card! Auto stop/start, and Auto-Off make sure your data-space and battery life aren't wasted.
The attractive body features a front mount, color TFT display. Why a front facing viewfinder instead of the standard rear placement on all other cameras? Simple - where is it easiest to check the camera position from the driver's seat? The machined aluminum body is also designed to resist the rigors of motorsports. Water, shock and temperature resistant, the SmartyCam HD can handle whatever you throw at it. The compact body is only 87x63x48mm and weighs just 250g. The redesigned case features a replaceable lens cover, a protective display screen, and a 100% weatherproof USB/SD-card door.
Each Kit Includes:
• SmartyCam HD Camera (select 60° or 120° lens above)
• 4GB HC10 SD card
• External CAN cable (two- or four-meter, select above)
• USB battery charger with AC power adapter
• RaceStudio3 software CD
• Video format: H.264 1280x700 pixel @ 30 fps
• Display resolution: 128x128 pixel
• Lens: Telecentric with six elements
• Angle of view: 60° or 120°
• Internal battery: Rechargeable lithium battery - 1.950 mAh
• Battery charge: 700 mAh 12V
• Battery duration: 120-150 minutes of recording
• External power: 9-15 Volt
• Memory: Up to 128 Gb
• Memory capability: 1.5 Gb (1 hour low quality recording), 2 Gb (1 hour medium quality recording), 4 Gb (1 hour high quality recording)
• Accelerometer: Tri-axial ± 5G
• Usage temperatures: -10°C/+60°C
• Auto Power ON: Yes, if connected to an AIM logger
• Auto Power OFF: Yes
• Auto Start/Stop Recording: Yes
• Dimensions: 87x63x49 mm
• Weight: 280 g, battery included
• Waterproof: IP67